In the 1900's the Phillips Mine & Mill Supply Company (located in Pittsburgh, PA) manufactured haulage equipment and steel handling devices for steel and mining companies
The owners, Jack and Jim Phillips, learned of a versatile lift truck that was manufactured by Hyster Company. The pneumatic tires on the forklift were essential in navigating the cobblestone streets prevalent in Pittsburgh at the time.
On August 7, 1944 the Phillips brothers purchased a Hyster forklift and signed a dealership agreement with Hyster Company to become the 1st independent Hyster dealer in the United States.
In 1955 the company renames Equipco Division Phillips Corporation and eventually relocated to the present 46,664 square feet facility in South Fayette township, located near Bridgeville, PA.
In 1998 the company added product lines that provide quality material handling solutions to all types of business.