Columbia is a part of the Nordic Group of Companies, a family-owned management and manufacturing business headquartered in Baraboo, Wisconsin with manufacturing operations extending throughout the United States, Mexico, and Europe and includes Flambeau and Seats Incorporated, leaders in their respective industries. The Nordic Group believes a fiscally conservative approach to business and managed growth leads to long-term sustainability. These ideals as well as our founder's core values of; family, integrity, leadership, teamwork, knowledge and excellence permeate our organization and day-to-day decisions.
As compared to its competitors, Columbia's vehicles include:
- Steel frames and bodies that utilize thicker gauged steel (longer-life)
- The most robust drive motor (better operation in hot/harsh environments)
- The most efficient power control system (more usable range on a charge)
- The most efficient charger (less energy used to charge vehicle)
- Intelligent energy recovery braking (wasted energy recycled to recharge batteries)
- Easily programmable performance characteristics (only energy actually needed is expended)
Columbia offers the most complete vehicle line up of vehicles for work. These include:
- Chariot - 3 times faster than walking.
- Expediter - Carry 2 personnel or up to 800 lbs.
- Stockchaser - Carry up to 1,200 lbs. down narrow aisles.
- Multi-Vehicle Platform - The perfect custom vehicle platform.
- Payloader - Carry up to 5200 lbs. or tow up to 7 tons.
- Utilitruck - Versatile electric utility vehicle.
- Summit Passenger - Street legal (LSV/NEV) passenger vehicle.
- Shuttle - Transport up to 6 people and their things.
- Summit Utility - Street legal (LSV/NEV) utility vehicles
- MEGA - Street legal (LSV/NEV) utility vehicle.